Big Rock Township owns and operates two public cemeteries.
Big Rock Welsh Cemetery is located at 8S Rhodes Street, 1/4 mile south of Price Road. The cemetery was founded around 1865 by the Welsh Congregational Church, and was operated by the private Welsh Cemetery Association. After the association was no longer able to maintain and operate the cemetery, the assets, property and records of the cemetery were transferred and donated to the township in 2019.
Fowler Grove Cemetery is located on Granart Road approximately 1 mile west of Jericho Road. The cemetery was founded in 1886 by the Fowler Family, and their Fowler Grove Cemetery Association operated the cemetery until 2019 when the assets, property, and records were transferred and donated to the township.
Both cemeteries have a large number of graves from some of the earliest settlers of Big Rock Township, along with the graves of veterans who had served in most major U.S. wars and conflicts from the War of 1812 to Vietnam. Historical information regarding both cemeteries can be found in the records of the Big Rock Historical Society.
At this time, both cemeteries are near capacity, and the purchase of any remaining gravesites is limited to township residents and immediate families of individuals currently interred there.
For information regarding burial services, cemetery fees and permits, current rules and regulations, or other information, contact the township at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 1-630-556-4340 (leave message)
Copyright © 2018 BIG ROCK TOWNSHIP - All Rights Reserved.